The 5-day Itinerary Queenstown, Te Anau, & Milford Sound.
|Waiting for our flight to Queenstown.|
Finishing a series of blogs about one trip can be a lot more difficult and time-consuming if you are also a full-time employee like ourselves. So before we totally forget all the details, we have decided to skip to the best part of all travel blogs: the itinerary with costs (of course!).
– Air New Zealand Covered Parking for 5 days: NZ$ 62.00
* A free shuttle is provided by Air New Zealand Parking to and from the airport.
– Departure from Auckland to Queenstown via Air New Zealand:
Airfare for 2 pax, rountrip, with travel insurance – NZ$ 476.00
– Arrival in Queenstown.
– Connectabus to the town centre: NZ$ 8.00/pax
– Breakfast at the mall food court, we had McDonald’s & Teriyaki Chicken Don
– We tried to explore some of the shops while waiting for our bus to Te Anau.
– Coffee & hot chocolate at Movenpick.
– Tracknet Bus to Te Anau: NZ$ 48.00/pax
– Fiordland Hotel and Motel Overnight stay: NZ$ 70.00/night
Contact Person: Marichelle
Address: 91 Luxmore Drive, Te Anau
Phone: +64 3 249 7511
* A free shuttle is also provided for guests wanting to go to the lakefront and back to the hotel.
– Dinner at The Ranch
– Breakfast at the Sandfly Cafe
– Te Anau Trout Observatory (bring $2 coins to be able to enter): NZ$ 2.00/pax
– Snack at the Sandfly Cafe
– Real Journeys Coach + Milford Mariner Overnight Cruise @ Milford Sound: NZ$ 331.00/ pax
* Price is inclusive of accommodations (Double Bed Room), buffet dinner and breakfast, water activities, flowing hot drinks.
– Drinks at the ship’s bar
– Souvenir photos by Magic Memories: NZ$50.00
– Milford Sound Lodge Accommodations (Double Room): NZ$ 89.00/ night
– Coffee break at The Blue Duck Cafe
– Southern Discoveries Encounter Cruise + Underwater Observatory: NZ$ 180 (approx). We purchased this deal from a fundraising auction on TradeMe.
– Dinner at The Blue Duck Bar
– Muffins and Coffee at Milford Sound Lodge
– Real Journeys Coach to Queenstown: NZ$ 164 for 2 pax
– Lunch at Miles Better Pies
* A must-try when you head to Te Anau during Spring and Summer.
– Arrival at Goldridge Resort (Courtyard Double Room): NZ$ 81.99/night
* This was booked thru NakedBus.
– Connectabus from the resort to the town centre: NZ$ 4.50/ pax
– Cake and tea at Patagonia Cafe
– Darkride Queenstown: NZ$ 25.00/ person *with discount voucher which you can get from The Station.
Address: 1/7 Earl Street Queenstown.
– Dinner at the Fish & Chips shack (We don’t recall what it’s called)
– Cold beer at the lakefront
– Free shuttle back to the resort
– Spa & Sauna at the resort
– Doughnuts at Fergbakery just beside Fergburger.
– Shotover Jet + Scenic Heli Flight (with Remarkables landing): NZ$ 570.00/ 2 pax
* Take note that when booking this tour, the Remarkables landing is not possible at all times because of the weather. So be prepared to just enjoy the flight around Queenstown.
– Shotover Jet souvenir photos with DVD: NZ$ 59.00
– Fudge from The Remarkable Sweet Shop
– Connectabus to the hotel and to the airport: NZ$ 20/ 2 pax
– Flight back to Auckland.
As you have noticed, we didn’t include the exact amount that we spent on food. We weren’t quite sure about the prices because some of the restaurants didn’t issue receipts (yes, we keep all the receipts from our travels). But because we decided to bring cash to pay for all our food purchases, we ended up with a total of NZ$ 336.00.
This wasn’t much of a “budget-friendly” trip even if we tried our best to settle for the least expensive accommodations. Nonetheless, it was a breathtaking experience that we won’t hesitate to try again.
The Travelling Pair